Saturday, September 17, 2011

Before I came to understand

Excuse my diction,
It being dissimilar to society's depiction
Of fact and fiction;
But who has the authority to that kind of restriction
Of yeses and nos,
Rights and wrongs;
Who gets to draw the line between states of elite and dereliction?

My very opinion: a complex contradiction
Of what the secular world considers to be the way;
Like curds and whey separated by vinegar,
Take this with a grain of salt.
My voice, my truth, my witness-the way I exalt
My God, though always at fault.

Because of my humanity;
My ability to sin.

My soul in spiritual warfare,
My mind in constant doubt,
My heart and morals deflecting temptation,
God, make me a demenstration
And show me the light, so I may take the darkness out.

No comments:

Post a Comment